Sunday, September 11, 2011

Remembering....

My amazing city <3
We are supposed to post twice per week.  Although this weeks assignment was the beach (actually, this ceremony did take place at my beach) I thought I would reflect on the date at hand and post a few pictures from a vigil at the West Haven beach for the 10 year anniversary of the horrible attacks that took place on September 11, 2001.

My city's Mayor Picard, Senator Blumenthal, & Congresswoman DeLauro came out to recognize the heros as well as the lives that were lost that day.  The Fire Department, police officers, and even the High School Football team were out to remember the courage, bravery, and heroism that took place on that day!  United we stand, Divided we fall!!


We will NEVER FORGET!

This reminds me of a 'new' generation.


Flag at half mast for remembering all the lives lost on that fateful day.

2 comments:

  1. Yesterday was a day that we all will never forget beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The day was very moving... I watched the coverage at ground zero for a few hours. in tears the whole time. Glad you were able to connect with your community during this remembrance.

    ReplyDelete