Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Week 1- Introduction of Self

Hello! My name is Angela Pascale and I am excited about taking this photography class. This is my first online class so I feel a bit overwhelmed with all the different areas to look/create/join, but I'm sure it will be rewarding. I have no photography experience other than point, shoot, click. I am using an Olympus VR 310 with 14 megapixel and 10X zoom. I'm hoping it will be sufficient for this class.
This first photo you see above is a reflection of me, at one of my favorite places to be....the beach!

This one is a more traditional 'reflection' piece. I am looking into a closed up store window.

 
This one is my favorite! It is my reflection in the ocean. I was leaning over a pier trying to get an image, and the way the light was hitting my skintone, it looks like fire and smoke! Plus, I also see Freddie Mercury in the darker shades of gray.

Also, my Fotothing user is abpascale. Thank you!

5 comments:

  1. Great Angela... You are up and running! Nice work! Try doing an edit of the last one in Picasa... you can strengthen the blacks and intensify the color for an even stronger effect....

    Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed the first picture of the shadow.. the long legs reminds me of what the world looked like to me as a child..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Angela, I love the water portrait. The shadow has a beautiful array of coloring with the ripple affect of the water and the sky reflection as well. I also enjoyed the shadow shot on the beach one of my favorite places too.

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Angela,
    I love your photos, especially the water and the sky reflection. What type of setting did you use or do you just happen to be at the right place/time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your comments :) Tara, I had my camera set to landscape (I believe) and then I just click!

    ReplyDelete