Sunday, October 9, 2011

Final Week of Digital Photography I



I love the color of the crisp blue sky behind the American flag. This was cropped in Picasa.




The sun was creeping up this morning - I like the halo effect around the sun.





The shadow of the hanging plant on the watering can has a nice effect.







This shot almost looks as if there were real leaves on the image of the tree in our covered pool.









I only cropped this photo in Picasa I didnt adjust any of the colors.












I followed this beautiful butterfly for 15 minutes while trying to catch the perfect picture.





When I began this class, I knew very little about picture taking. Point and shoot is what I would do. I never gave too much thought to light, exposure, shadows, even what options my camera had to offer for each photo, nevermind what Picasa had to offer, heck, I never heard of Picasa before this class, or Fotothing for that matter. I consider myself coming a long way in the past eight weeks when it comes to picturetaking. I am proud of this weeks photos. I find myself looking at the "world" differently now, saying to myself "hey, that would be a nice picture". I am going to to upload a few more photos on Fotothing.


Thanks, everyone, for your comments. Good luck to everyone on your future endeavors.


Holly















2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your comments Holly... they are perfect! It's just what I had hoped you would accomplish during this mod. The quality of work here in this series is a huge improvement over the beginning and it shows tremendous growth.

    I'm hoping you'll be inspired to keep going for the rest of your life studying and learning more about photography and allowing it to enrich your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flag Picture and the butterfly happen to be my favorite! beauty in its most natural form! Good job!!

    ReplyDelete