Monday, October 3, 2011

Ron's week 7 photos


Hi everyone! I was in Killington VT over the weekend. As part of their annual hay festival, approximately 30 sculptures were all created out of hay and other common objects. They range in size from lifelike to over two stories tall. I hope you enjoy them as much as we did. I found it very difficult to get good photos - it was cloudy and raining all weekend without any sunshine. These are a few of my favorite shots. I will post many more to Fotothing. Can someone please send me the the path to the Athenaeum site mentioned in the syllabus. The link will not work for me. Thanks.






























2 comments:

  1. Ron, these are awesome! Never seen this before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The main goal for this class is for you to be making your own artwork, and not just recording someone else's... when we photograph a sculpture, to make it your own interesting photograph, move in close and find abstract elements of light and design. I'm not sure this particular set of sculptures would work in that same however.

    ReplyDelete